[asterisk-users] REALTIME application vs RealTime function

Rilawich Ango maillisting at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 20:42:26 CDT 2007

Thanks.

In app_realtime, it is very easy to get a value of a field by only
applying the realtime application.  However, in func_realtime, we need
to get the key-value pair according to the position of it by using
function CUT.  After that, we need to apply another CUT to get the
value.  It will cause the following problems.
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+func+realtime

1. Changing table scheme will affect the position of the key-value
pair.  That's mean we will can the wrong key-value pair.
2. If the value of a field is NULL, the position will be shifted.
That's mean we need to handle the NULL value using more logic.

In the case, I just wonder why we need to give up the app_realtime.
Or we have another alternative to get a value easily and faster using
func_realtime.  Anyone using func_realtime can give me some advices?