[asterisk-users] How to use OpenVPN with Asterisk

Alan Bunch Alan.Bunch at udfc.com
Mon Aug 13 17:30:09 CDT 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:

>Kate Kretz wrote:
>

>>OpenVPN is very good in NAT (if one of your boxes is behind NAT).
>>otherwise, OpenVPN seems to be a bad choice, it's complicated,
>>non-standard (there'n no RFC on OpenVPN).
>>

>It's complicated?  No more so then Asterisk.
>
>We use, it was quite straight forward to set up and the audio quality
>over it is quite good.
>
>Doug

Just another OpenVPN data point, and not Asterisk related but here
goes.  I run 15 users over a DSL link on one end and a Internet T1 on
the other with OpenVPN and it just rocks.  The road warrior setup is
down to running one script to create a file, email file to user and the
user run one script.

It has been rock solid for me.

Alan