[asterisk-users] FXO Modules and Sip Outbound

Erik Anderson erikerik at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 16:36:08 CDT 2007

On 8/13/07, John Meksavan <jmeksavan at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Asterisk Users,
>
>   I have never done a dial plan for this scenario before.  Is it possible to
> have Sip Phones make outbound calls through the PSTN?  What would the call
> routing/dial plan would look like?

Yes - certainly possible.  There's nothing different about the call
routing going from SIP->Zap as from SIP->SIP really.  Assuming that
you already have your zaptel device(s) configured correctly, something
like this in your dialplan is all you'll need.  This also assumes you
want to dial "9" to get an outside line.

[globals]
OUTBOUND-TRUNK=Zap/g0

[outbound]
exten => _9NXXNXXXXXX,1,Dial(${OUTBOUND-TRUNK}/${EXTEN:1})

-Erik