[asterisk-users] AGI answering the channel even though I never asked it to

Daryl G. Jurbala daryl at introspect.net
Mon Aug 13 15:25:11 CDT 2007

I am working on a call-back solution where the initiating call should
never be answered.

I was doing this simply through the dial plan, sending a progress
tone, and then dumping the channel, and firing off a DeadAGI which
created a call file to make the callback.

Now I've tried extending this so that an AGI is fired first to check
for things - like no inbound ANI - and play a DIFFERENT progress tone
for that situation.  It appears that every since I've done that,
Asterisk is answering the channel.  I don't have an Answer command in
my dialplan or AGI.  Is this something that will automagically happen
whether I want it to or not?  If so, I'm going to have to do some
ugly dial plan scripting to make this work.

In case it matters, this is a PHP AGI.

Thanks,
Daryl