[asterisk-users] Hardware Platform Recommendations for Digium Card Compatability

James FitzGibbon james.fitzgibbon at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 09:36:22 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Jason K. Carter <jkcarter at dls.net> wrote:

> Could everyone that has a working production Asterisk server that uses a
> Digium telephony card as a BRI/PRI gateway let me know what
> motherboard/processor your server uses?

Currently running a TE412P in a IBM x3650 Model 7979.  I had some problems
when I also had a TDM400B in the same system.

I have also run this card successfully on a Intel SE7230NH-1 board (having
the TDM400B installed as well was not a problem on this board)

I had a reproduceable kernel panic under moderate load running this board on
a HP DL380G5 with Zaptel 1.4.  Zaptel 1.2 was just fine.

All of my testing was done on CentOS 4.4 and 4.5.

My zttest scores (on the IBM) are generally above 98%, but sometimes I see
the tests start at 97.73% for about 20 seconds before it climbs.  I often
see spikes up to 100% rapidly followed by a drop back to 98.x%.

--
j.