[asterisk-users] New Pico-ITX

Darrick Hartman (lists) dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Mon Aug 13 07:25:59 CDT 2007

Dermot Bradley wrote:
> Darrick Hartman wrote:
>> Just because someone is using an old kernel or doesn't know what they
>> are doing doesn't mean the hardware is bad.  I've had very good
> success
>> with dozens of different VIA boards (from the original mini-itx board
> up
>> to current C7 models, the Jetway boards included).
>
> Not trying to start a flame war but I've had problems with kernels
> ranging from 2.6.16.19 through to 2.6.22 and I do generally think I know
> what I'm doing (long time Linux user). I've spent considerable time in
> the past 2-3 months trying to nail down the source of these lockups and
> have had no success.

I haven't been able to get the boards to lock up.  Since I don't think
this is Asterisk related at all, let's take this off list.  Email me
your config.  Also what distro have you been trying to use?  Perhaps
you've been beating down the wrong door looking for the problem.

> As I mentioned in a reply to Gordon last posting I have not tried C3
> based systems so I can't comment on them.
>
> I'd be glad to exchange kernel config files with you for Jetway C7
> systems as I really would like to the bottom of this - I have 3 J7F2
> motherboards here that are useless to me unless I can find a solution.
> Would you be willing to email me the current kernel ".config" file you
> use for C7 boards?

Go ahead and grab the latest image of Astlinux.  There's a bootable iso
image available so it should minimize the work you'd need to do to test
this.

> In the past I have exchanged kernel configs with various people on the
> VIA Arena forums in an attempt to find the root cause but didn't see any
> obvious problem.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Not a problem.

--