[asterisk-users] Originate and tracking

Julian Lyndon-Smith asterisk at dotr.com
Mon Aug 13 06:30:11 CDT 2007

I am originating calls through the Manager Originate API command.

I can track failures (through the OriginateResponse event)
I can track answered calls through the OriginateResponse event)

There may be occasions where I need to cancel some outbound calls whilst
they are ringing.

Here's my problem:

How do I know what the channels are in order to cancel them ? I can get
a "successfully queued" with a unique ActionID, but all the manager
events for the call (newstate, newchannel etc) do _not_ have the actionID.

Is there anything that I can add to the Originate command that would
come through in the manager events ?

Julian.