[asterisk-users] New Pico-ITX

Diego Iastrubni diego.iastrubni at xorcom.com
Mon Aug 13 06:02:47 CDT 2007

On Monday 13 August 2007 05:11, Darrick Hartman wrote:
> >> VIA C3 & C7 systems have been known to have DMA-related issues for some
> >> time.
>
> I've seen those issues, but have never experienced them myself.
I have heard those things. I have a crash I can reproduce on a VIA Esther, and
it happens even when I boot linux with "ide=nodma" and when I completely
disable DMA in the BIOS.

The crash is very predictable:
Run asterisk, and put 100 call files one each 0.5 seconds.  Make them call
another machine (I use SIPp). System dies between 20 seconds.

>>I'm now using Micro-ATX systems with Dual Core Athlons (the EE versions)
>>- it ends up the same price to build as the Mini-ITX systems but has
>>more horsepower and is better supported in Linux.

Dernot, can you provide links please?