[asterisk-users] New Pico-ITX

Dermot Bradley dermot.bradley at sla-mobile.com
Mon Aug 13 05:03:32 CDT 2007

> I've also built routers & small NAS boxes out of the same
motherboard...

Personally I've not used C3 systems at all so I can't comment on them,
I've only been using C7 systems.

> I compile up a custom kernel for them & don't use the on-board audio
> hardware (nor printer port, but I use the serial ports on the
routers!)
> and I always turn them off in the BIOS...
>
> So what am I doing wrong.... (or not as the case is!)

I am also using custom kernels with only the drivers needed built in and
everything in the BIOS not required is disabled.

The problems I've don't appear to be temperature or load related - I've
had machines lock up when they're basically idle (just running basic
init/syslog/daemons with no network or ISDN traffic).

Now maybe in my situation it could be related to mISDN drivers as I only
tested these motherboards with Digium B410P cards but there are people
on the VIA Arena forums who aren't using Asterisk at all and have had
random lockups on both Jetway and VIA C7 boards.

Stirk, Lamont & Associates Ltd.
Registered Address: Thomas Andrews House, Queens Road, Belfast,  BT3 9DU
Registered in Northern Ireland, Number: NI 47983. VAT Number: 832 2778 22