[asterisk-users] 20min waiting time

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sun Aug 12 20:34:35 CDT 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
>
>> OCOSA ListAcct wrote:
>>
>>> I apologize if this question has already been answered / asked. I was
>>> searching on Google and nothing I do will work. All that happens is that
>>> the phones ring for 00:01:15 then voicemail kicks in.
>>>
>>> My goal here is to let the phones ring and ring until someone is not
>>> busy. I think 20000 secs is long enough.
>>>
>>> Here is how the dial plan is setup
>>>
>>> exten=>5,1,StartMusicOnHold
>>> exten=>5,2,Dial(SIP/support&SIP/support2,20000,tr)
>>> exten=>5,3,VoiceMail(455 at mailbox)
>>> exten=>5,4,PlayBack(vm-goodbye)
>>> exten=>5,5,HangUp()
>>> exten=>1222,1,VoiceMailMain(455 at mailbox)
>>>
>>> Any help is appreciated....
>>>
>>> Otis
>>>

>> Easiest way to solve your problem is to implement a support queue.
>>

> Queues in Asterisk are horrid little creatures.
>
> Many SIP phones and ITSPs will disconnect the call if the destination
> rings for a long time.
>
> Put an Answer as your first priority, this should fix your problem.

That is an odd statement about queues.  I ran a call center handling
over 15,000 calls a day using Asterisk and queues.  No real problems.

Please qualify your completely abstract statement, "Queues in Asterisk
are horrid little creatures."  Statements like this are completely non
productive to anyone.

Thanks,
Steve