[asterisk-users] Call file & IAX Trunk: Call Failed, Reason 0

Raveen Siddiqui raveen at jimbocarr.com
Sun Aug 12 18:01:32 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am new to Asterisk; I did go through a lot of documentation, wikis,
and the O'Reilly book and have most of what I need now working well.
I do have a problem that I keep bumping heads against, however: I can
dial out very well through a IAX2 trunk (9 followed by number), but
if I specify the same IAX2 trunk in the Channel of a .call file, the
call does not go through.

Here is my test call file:

Channel: IAX2/providername/14165551212
MaxRetries: 2
RetryTime: 20
WaitTime: 30
Application: Playback
Data: hello-world

The call is said to have failed with reason 0; the provider lists a
0-second call. Does anyone know what's going on ? (of course, the
very same call file with an internal extension works perfectly well)

Thank you !