[asterisk-users] indications.c: Can't generate that much data!

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Sun Aug 12 14:39:50 CDT 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:
> Dermot Bradley wrote:
>

>> I don't see what difference removing the "r" option has made from an
>> Asterisk perspective - in both cases Asterisk tries to emulate a
>> ringtone but fails for some reason when "r" is present. According to the
>> the "show application dial" help having no "r" present for Dial should
>> NOT generate a ringing tone yet here it does.
>>

> You don't understand the docs.  "r" will override whatever tone Asterisk
> thinks it should be providing and provide a ringing tone instead.
> Asterisk, by default, provides the correct tones to the caller.

I think he understood the docs perfectly.  According to what you just
said, there should have been ringing whether the "r" option was enabled
or not (the only difference is whether ringing should be the correct
indication).

It is an obvious bug with a simple workaround that I helped him figure out.

Thanks,
Steve