[asterisk-users] Shared Line Appearance - Aastra 55i - Does it work?

James Collier james.collier at xtratelecom.es
Sun Aug 12 10:58:42 CDT 2007

Does anyone have Shared (bridged) Line Appearance working in Asterisk 1.4?
Specifically with the Aastra 55i.

Specifically, I am using the Aastra 55i with the expansion module.

We want to see if other handsets are being used. (BLF)  Getting BLF to work
would be a great start.  It sounds like setting up the hints properly will
achieve this.  right?  Not totally sure how this should be configured.

We also want bridged appearances.  "Shared Line Appearance" in Asterisk 1.4.

It is my understanding that with a bridged appearance, the line would show
as busy if it is in use on another handset, right?   Meaning that the BLF
would be irrelevant?

in SLA.conf  we have:

slatest]
type=trunk
device=SIP/1001
autocontext=slatest
[slatest1]
type=trunk
device=SIP/1003
autocontext=slatest1
[slateststation]
type=station
device=SIP/1002
autocontext=slateststation
trunk=slatest
trunk=slatest1

sip.conf

[1001]
type=friend
username=1001
secret=1001
host=dynamic
;context=slatest
context=slatest
dtmfmode=rfc2833
Language=en
qualify=yes
mailbox=1234 at default
disallow=all
allow=all
[1002]
type=friend
username=1002
secret=1002
host=dynamic
;context=default1
context=slateststation
dtmfmode=rfc2833
Language=en
qualify=yes
mailbox=1234 at default
disallow=all
allow=all
[1003]
type=friend
username=1003
secret=1003
host=dynamic
;context=default1
context=slatest1
dtmfmode=rfc2833
Language=en
qualify=yes
mailbox=1234 at default
disallow=all
allow=all

Dialplan
[testing]
exten => _100X,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}/${EXTEN})
exten => 101,1,Goto(slateststation|102|1)
exten => 102,1,Goto(slatest|1|1)
exten => 103,1,Goto(slatest1|1|1)
exten => h,1,Hangup()
[slatest]
exten => 1,1,SLATrunk(slatest)
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}/${EXTEN})
[slatest1]
exten => 1,1,SLATrunk(slatest1)
exten => _X.,1,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}/${EXTEN})

[slateststation]
exten => 102,1,SLAStation(slateststation)