[asterisk-users] New Pico-ITX

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Sun Aug 12 09:50:45 CDT 2007

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007, Dean Collins wrote:

> Powerful enough to run a small asterisk server though not sure if the
> drop down in size from a mini-atx or a micro-atx but I'm sure someone
> will try.
>
> http://www.geek.com/first-look-via-px10000-pico-itx-motherboard

That's pretty impressive!

I'm sure it will run linux+asterisk just fine with a 1GHz Via C7 processor
as there are many platforms out there using that combination (or the Via
C3)

The issue that I've had (and I guess other small developers) is putting a
motherboard in a "pretty" case so that it doesn't look like a PC when you
turn it round...

The other thing is that some people just don't believe it - I did a demo
for someone with my "usual" box - pizza box style with a micro ATX board
(VIA C3, 1GHz, fanless) and they couldn't believe it would handle the 35
extensions their current box handles - which takes up 6U of a rack. (My
unit would have been in a 2U rack case for them, but they were still very
skeptical!)

Gordon