[asterisk-users] sip ... codec conversion matrix

Cesc Santa cesc.santa at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 18:09:21 CDT 2007

On 8/10/07, Tzafrir Cohen <tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 10, 2007 at 11:35:32AM +0200, Cesc Santa wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have asterisk 1.2.18.
> > I just took a peak at the command: > show translation
> > and I saw that I can only convert from/to ulaw, ulaw, gsm and slin.
> > No speex, no ilbc ... do I need a license or compile something extra?
> > The G723, 726 and 729 ... I need a license, is that it? one for all of
> them?
> > or for each?
>
> Do you have the modules codec_speex.so ? codec_ilbc.so ?
> Are they loaded?
>
> No special license is needed.

I just checked ... I have the codec_ilbc (as well _g729, _g726 .... ), but
not codec_speex. I guess I need to get the libspeex-dev package so it
compiles.
And then I checked my configuration of asterisk ... modules.conf ... loaded
all the needed modules (codec_, format_) ... and voila! it works. Now I have
translation between all codecs, except G729 and G723 (and of course, speex,
which I don't have the module for).
Now, G729 I can get a licence from Digium.

Anyone know about G723? Do I need a license? I know it is not very used, but
my costumer requires it ...

Cesc