[asterisk-users] misdn and incoming fax detection

Thomas Artner artner at gmx.com
Fri Aug 10 16:05:26 CDT 2007

Hi!

At the moment i am using a digium tdm400 card for my analog phone lines.
The zaptel driver supports fax detection, so incoming faxes are
redirected to the fax extension automatically.
This works without problems with asterisk 1.2.

But now I would like to switch to ISDN (mISDN) and asterisk 1.4.
I have a ISDN Card which supports the mISDN channel. Everything is
working fine, but I dont know how I can do such incoming fax detection
as I did it with the tdm400 card. :-(

Is the only way using nvFaxDetect? Its terrible to get it run with
asterisk 1.4.
As well http://www.newmantelecom.com/asterisk/faxdetect/ seems not to be
available anymore.

Has anyone some ideas how I can do such incoming fax detection with
mISDN and asterisk 1.4 ?

thx,
Tom