[asterisk-users] Asterisk Manager to Record Greetings

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Fri Aug 10 10:49:49 CDT 2007

I am trying to use Asterisk Manager via php to record auto attendant
greetings and I just can't figure out how to do it.  I've got the php
page working and I can click to call between two phones.  However if I
click to call just a single phone and then try to enable "monitor", when
I pick up the ringing phone, it just hangs up and doesn't record
anything.  I'm sure I just don't know the appropriate syntax.  Has
anybody done something like this?  I can do the php stuff, I just need
the Asterisk Manager syntax.

I want to call a phone, when they pick up, it starts recording to a file
and when they hang up, it closes the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Peder