[asterisk-users] A TrixBox 2.0 seems to be asleep...

Bob Chiodini bchiodini at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 09:09:33 CDT 2007

Mauro Zanin wrote:
> Hi everybody,
> I installed a 3.0Gb 512MB TrixBox with a Celeron inside. The PC seems smart
> enough an rapidly the CentOs and Asterisk were loaded on it. I has only 2
> extensions(SIP telephones, one GPX2000 and one Grandstream 486) and one ISDN
> adapter with Bristuff. Web server has about a delay of 20 seconds to
> startup, while after started the response is acceptable. But incoming and
> outgoing calls are delayed about 5 second before the * takes a decision to
> ring an extension or to place a call. Is like the whole system is taking an
> holiday each time! I have installed many TrixBox and asterisk, but never had
> such an issue!
> Any suggestion, apart the one to trow away Celeron and put a pentium in its
> place...
>
> Ciao
> Mauro

Mauro,

This sounds like an IPv6 or DNS issue.  Verify good connectivity to your
primary DNS server and in /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 set
IPV6INIT=no.  You will probably need to reboot if the latter change is
required so that the IPv6 modules are unloaded.

To speed up DNS maybe a local caching name server would help.

Bob...