[asterisk-users] Polycom question - removing a soft key functionality

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Fri Aug 10 07:49:22 CDT 2007

Hi,

I just enable "presence" on my phones, so that secretaries can see whether
their bosses are already on a call or not.

Unfortunately, this came with the added "benefit" of adding two soft key
features on the screen, "MyStatus" and "Buddies", which I want removed (it's
good enough for me that they can see status by looking at the line icon,
this will only confuse them).

Second question, can you set up the phone so that this status, which is
shown in the line icons, is also shown in the contact directory?

Regards,

Mike