[asterisk-users] How to use OpenVPN with Asterisk

Steve Totaro stotaro at first-notification.com
Fri Aug 10 07:30:54 CDT 2007

OpenVPN is a great choice.  It is it's own standard, it does not need a
RFC, and it is not really complicated at all.

Find a good OpenVPN howto (skip the manual for now).  It will take you
step by step on how to setup a tunnel.  Once you have your tunnel up,
start reading the manual (if you care to).

The abundance of Howtos on OpenVPN cover all sorts of configurations.
You can just have two boxes with a VPN connection or you can even bridge
two physically separate LANs over a WAN link into one subnet or even do
routing.

Start with the Howtos.  Most are clear and concise, step by step.  The
manual is a little steeper as far as the learning curve goes, so I say,
setup your OpenVPN tunnel first, then read the manual since it will make
alot more sense then.

Thanks,
Steve Totaro