[asterisk-users] Free sitting

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:02:42 CDT 2007

Hi,

My question is more "what should be done" than "how should it be done".
I could say :
"If you were a teacher, teaching and preparing your courses once a week (as
you can't be called while teaching, can you ?) would you prefer your phone
system to log you in or out
1- automatically according a schedule stored somewhere,
2- whenever you turn your PC or or off,
3- when you dial something (for login) and logout) is done during nightimes,
4- when you dial something (for login and logout).

My vote would go for the last one as it somehow keeps users responsible for
themselves.
A colleague prefers the third choice.
Which would you pick ?

If someone logs in from one place and logs in once again from somewhere
else, then user previous log shall be replaced by the new one : incoming
calls rings new phone.

I'm wondering whether or not, 2 people could "share" the same phone but
beside calling features, many supporting features such as MWI, BLF wouldn't
it easily.

What do you think ?