[asterisk-users] FW: Can you reload only one conf file?

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Thu Aug 9 20:53:07 CDT 2007

Mike wrote:

> In the interest of making things cleaner, I'd like to know if I can just
> reload one single conf file. Let's say I have two files, extensions.conf
> which includes small_file.conf.
>
> I only want "small_file.conf" reloaded, not the main file.  Is this at
> all possible?

I'm not quite sure why you would want to selectively reload _parts_ of
your dial plan, since even a big dialplan takes fractions of a second to
load...

Failing that:

reload pbx_config.so

just reloads extensions.conf.

A wrapper script might be another way of doing it, but that's beyond my
knowledge.

-Stephen-