[asterisk-users] The quest for making "hint" more flexible continues - using Realtime now

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Aug 9 10:27:48 CDT 2007

Ok, now that I've learned I cannot use any variables when using the `hint`
priority (for BLF), I figured I'd try to use the next best thing: hardcoded
values using realtime.  This way I avoid variables such as ${ACCOUNTCODE}
but I can at least change the DB more easily than text files.  This is the
appropriate line in the DB:

+------+--------------+-------+----------+--------------------+---------+
| id   | context      | exten | priority | app                | appdata |
+------+--------------+-------+----------+--------------------+---------+
| 2000 | hint-context | 705   |     hint | SIP/test-1         |         |

This is what I put in mt hint-context in extensions.conf:
[hint-context]
switch => Realtime/hint-context at extensions

And this is what I get from the CLI:
Aug  9 11:34:14 NOTICE[19894]: chan_sip.c:11187 handle_request_subscribe:
Got SUBSCRIBE for extension 705 at hint-context from xx.xxx.xx.xx, but there is
no hint for that extension

Well....there is!  Is there any way I can do this?

Mike