[asterisk-users] Asterisk Help

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 9 10:14:42 CDT 2007

On Thu, 9 Aug 2007, John Meksavan wrote:

>  Is my network to slow?  Or is there something else going on?

   It sounds like there may have been a temporary period of high
utilisation that created this distortion.  However, in general, the
Asterisk 'qualify' mechanism (which consists of a SIP OPTIONS ping,
nothing more) is not a terribly reliable metric of network throughput
or performance, especially when constrained to extremely low latency.
Nor does Asterisk always accurately determine that a peer is "UNREACHABLE"
only when it is, in fact, UNREACHABLE.  I encourage you to set the
qualify= value for each peer in sip.conf very high, or otherwise omit
the setting entirely.

--
Alex Balashov
Evariste Systems