[asterisk-users] Paging Application - Polycom 601

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Thu Aug 9 10:07:47 CDT 2007

About your "keys sticking"...I had the same issue when I moved my 501s up to
2.x, and after a lot of fiddling around I realized that the problem was my
register timeout (my phones would register every 30 seconds) which
overloaded the phones CPU, resulting in what appeared to be "sticky keys".

I simply changed the register attempts to a longer delay (I actually think I
removed them completely to be honest).  I used reregister for NAT traversal,
but in 2.x there is a NAT keepalive functionality, which has been working
fine for me.

It might be worth trying that out, it would allow you to move to firmware
2.x and get whatever benefits you can get from that.

Regards,

Mike