[asterisk-users] Overlapping Playback() with Dial()?

Jeng Yu jengyu2007 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Aug 9 05:52:19 CDT 2007

Hi All,

Can I overlap Playback() with Dial() in a dialplan?

For example, I have this scenario: A call comes in, Asterisk picks it up,
does Background(enter_number), then does Playback(bulletin_message),
and while the Playback() is still going, I want to execute Dial() to the target
extension so it overlaps with the Playback() and the call will be bridged
instantly upon completion of Playback(). Is this possible in Asterisk?

I am trying to save callers long distance charges by eliminating wait time
as much as possible.

Thank you.

Jeng