[asterisk-users] Using CURL

Mike list at virtutel.ca
Wed Aug 8 17:21:57 CDT 2007

Hi,

Here is my first step (call it a proof of concept) in using the "hint"
priority with dynamic values.

Background - this works
exten => 12345,hint,SIP/12345-1

To make this a little dynamic, I used a web page to return to me the value
of the sip registration.  In other words, http://www.somepage.com/test.html
returns the following (without quotes): "SIP/12345-1"

I should therefore be getting the same result by using the following:

exten => 12345,hint,${CURL(http://www.somepage.com/test.html)}

BUT....no.  I get the following in the Asterisk CLI when reloading the
config:

Aug  8 18:24:27 NOTICE[26765]: pbx.c:1508
pbx_substitute_variables_helper_full: Error in extension logic (missing '}')

Now, I'm paying close attention to my Asterisk code up there, and I don't
see a missing '}' .

Anybody has an explanation for me?  Is there some deeper meaning to this
notice I am getting?

Mike