[asterisk-users] turn off music on hold for a single sip user

voiplist gotvoip at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:44:10 CDT 2007

You could set a variable in the users sip.conf details like:

setvar=PlayMOH=NO

or

setvar=PlayMOH=NO

Then in your extensions.conf setup a GoToIf() which reads the variable
PlayMOH and either sets the "m" or the "r" in the dial command..

This should work fine and I know it will work in 1.4.x but not sure
about earlier versions only because I am not sure how far back version
wise you can set a variable in the sip.conf. Maybe it's always been
possible, not sure.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
 Todd R.