[asterisk-users] Teliax Quality of Service

Mark Coccimiglio n3whx at amsat.org
Tue Aug 7 13:04:20 CDT 2007

Stephen Bosch wrote:

>Of course not -- but how many hundreds of millions have been invested in
>their infrastructure?

You missed the point. The standard formula I use is "5 days out"  or
more precisely 2% of gross revenues each year.  For google its still a
kings ransom, but for a small business it not too hard to implement.
Case-in-point I have half a dozen cell phones I bought at the beginning
of the summer (V3RAZR).  Costs me nothing (after rebates) to setup other
then an afternoon at the cellophane store, but I like "toy shopping"
anyway.  The residual cost is an additional $60/month.  I now have a
practical backup to my phone system.  My regular phone stuff (office
DiDs and 1-800 number) is setup to forward to the cells on a simple
phone call.  Its not a "perfect" solution but I've planned "something"
which is better then most.  Most people's way of handling an outage is
to "go home" and let the techs fix it for tomorrow.

--
As I slowly sip my coffee I feel my humanity start to slip back into me and realize what a foul beast humanity really is.