[asterisk-users] Free sitting

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:47:51 CDT 2007

So no proper logoff between logins, right ?

As I will apply free sitting in school environment, chances are phones would
then remain logged-in several hours or days between another user logs in.

My thoughts are focused on finding the right balance between cost control
and ease of use requirements.

Maybe, we should program something like 3 states logins :
- normal status : user receives call or can call cheap destinations
- enhanced status : user can call expensive destinations
- logged off status : no incoming calls

Downgrading from enhanced to normal status is automatic : if a teacher is
working during off hours, he will still receive incoming calls even after
"being downgraded" to normal status.

To elevate to enhanced status, you just have to enter your PIN code.

What do you think of this ?
has anyone tried something approaching ?

Best regards