[asterisk-users] How to stack Sangoma Remora cards

cb cb at mythtech.net
Tue Aug 7 00:46:05 CDT 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 1:28 AM, Olivier wrote:

> How can can you stack sangoma cards such as http://www.sangoma.com/
> datasheets/p_a200-specs in a given PC enclosure ?
> It seems to me that it introduces mechanical constraints that seem
> difficult to comply with as space between cards is set by Remora
> expansion card.

The space between the cards (as dictated by the Remora expansion
card), works out to keep the additional stacked cards in the correct
spacing for standard PCI or ISA slot distances.

So basically, each stacked card you install, takes up the next slot
over in your PC's case. So although they don't actually use the slot
itself (minimizing IRQ and similar issues), they do occupy the
physical space of the slot they hover over (and use that slot's
opening to give access to the line jacks).

If you have other expansion cards already in your PC that use the
slot space, then you would not be able to use the Sangoma Remora
expansion setup (unless you can rearrange the other cards to allow
for enough consecutive open slots for the Remora backed cards).

Hopefully that is the info you were looking for.

-chris
<www.mythtech.net>