[asterisk-users] Learn some terminalogy before mountingthistask.

Al lists asteriskal at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 00:21:44 CDT 2007

what you are reading on Cisco manual "DN" is a completely different concept
that what we are dealing in asterisk.
In CME you refer to each number as a DN, that concept does not exist on
Asterisk.
Although Asterisk support SCCP (Skinny) and H323, but its always easier and
better to use SIP or IAX.
if you like to have a reception phone with BLF, there are lots of options to
choose from.
Beside the fact that i don't like quality of Cisco Phones, I usually get
better and professional results with Polycom.
But again that is my opinion.