[asterisk-users] iax2 registration being rejected

Jaswinder Singh vicky.r at gmail.com
Mon Aug 6 12:55:36 CDT 2007

> Yes, since IAX2 only uses one port, this is correct.  Another thing to
> keep in mind is to set a low qualify value in Asterisk since some
> routers will tear down the connection pretty quickly.  The qualify acts
> as a keep-alive and prevents the router from closing the port and losing
> the map.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

But if you set timeout lower than actual latency to peer .. it will result
in asterisk not sending any calls to peer at all so keeping it too low will
create  more problem  .. however peer will be able to make outgoing calls .
I think asterisk doesnt rely on qualify= parameter to keep connection open .
Main purpose of qualify option is to make sure peer is not lagged then
specified timeout period else call quality will be pathetic .. qualify=200
seems ok  . Btw i have never seen a device losing registration when qualify
value is set huge ( i keep  qualify = 2000 for a very dirty connection
sometimes :D  so that asterisk will show latency when i do "sip show peers"
and "iax2 show peers" in cli  )