[asterisk-users] Connecting two Asterisk servers with a frame relay connection

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Mon Aug 6 09:46:43 CDT 2007

MOSBAH ABDELKADER wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Have i to buy an asterisk card like TDM400P to connect the two asterisk
> servers with frame relay.

I never do that.  I use a router that supports Frame Relay.  For me,
installing a Digium card just to connect to a Frame Relay network is
much more work, poorly documented, and just much more hassle than using
a router with Frame Relay support.

You could not use any of the TDM cards, you would need a T-1/E-1 card
from Digium or Sangoma if you wanted to go that route.  I would not
recommend it.