[asterisk-users] ATA phones ring when they register

Vieri rentorbuy at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 6 09:42:58 CDT 2007

Hi,

I have an 8-port Grandstream GXW-4008 V1.2A ATA
converter with analog phones connected to it.

They work fine except for just one "feature" I would
like to modify. Somehow, each time the ATA
re-registers the SIP clients or each time the device
has to be rebooted for maintenance, the phones ring
once. This feature can be useful as it notifies the
user of the re-registration.

However, it is quite of a problem to have 8+ phones
all ring at the same time and most users will get
confused and will pick them up.

So I would like to know how to disable this "audio
notification" and disable phone ringing for this
event.

What I don't know yet is if it's a purely ATA
config-related issue or if I also need to change
Asterisk's settings.

I tried qualify=no and the phones still ring.
I tried several combinations in the ATA config but the
phones still ring when they register.

I'm sure this is simple to solve but I just can't find
the right option.

Has anyone seen this behavior in the GXW-4008 ATA or
similar?

Thanks,

Vieri