[asterisk-users] Before Bridging Two Calls

Jared Smith jsmith at digium.com
Mon Aug 6 09:11:59 CDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-08-06 at 10:05 +0100, Jeng Yu wrote:
> The Asterisk book (the pdf version) is excellent!! I want to thank all
> the guys that put it together. I am most grateful for it.

I'm glad you enjoyed the book.

> I want to play a greeting message to the person called for a few
> seconds before Asterisk bridges the two parties to talk.

One way to do this is with the A option to the Dial() application.  For
example, your extension might look like this:

exten => 123,1,Dial(SIP/some_phone,30,A(hello-world))

This would play the "Hello World" prompt to the called party before
bridging the two calls together.

--
Jared Smith
Community Relations Manager