[asterisk-users] Sangoma PRI

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Sun Aug 5 22:15:40 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:
> Note to Digium
>
> I wish I could upgrade my wct4xxp drivers locally.  I still have the v1
> firmware on my card.
>
> It is kind of hard (next to impossible) to pull it from a production
> machine and ship it to Digium.  That might take a week if all goes well.

The only way this will ever happen is if Digium completely redesigns the
card, which is a long way of saying that you will buy a new card before
you have that request filled.

This is one of the great things about the Sangoma hardware -- it was
designed to be fully "field upgradeable" (they use an FPGA
architecture). The design approach is worth emulating.

-Stephen-