[asterisk-users] Pre-recorded first and last names audio database

John Vogel johnv at comcast.net
Sat Aug 4 14:03:30 CDT 2007

Hi!

My application needs to look up (by spelling) the first and last names of a
person and then insert the corresponding pre-recorded audio file to
personalize the message. E.g. "Hi, John Brown. Your book is due back at the
library." So I need "John" and "Brown" in audio files along with LOTS of
other names -

Do such databases of sound files already exist or do I have to record my
own? I'm not sure how many first and last names I'd have to record but it
seems like thousands for both genders first names and then thousands more
for last names to cover a significant proportion of the people in the USA -

Any and all help appreciated!

Thanks,
John