[asterisk-users] Measuring Jitter in Asterisk

John Todd jtodd at loligo.com
Fri Aug 3 16:11:53 CDT 2007

At 12:31 PM -0700 2007/8/3, Douglas Garstang wrote:

>How can I objectively measure jitter in Asterisk on a SIP channel?
>
>I don't just want to turn the new 1.4 jitter buffer on. I want to
>measure jitter.
>
>Thanks,
>Doug.

You could look at the txjitter and rxjitter values (and other values)
stored in the CHANNEL() function, and those values you're looking for
were previously known as RTPAUDIOQOS.  Or is this not sufficient?

I opened a request ticket to allow viewing of arbitrary CHANNEL()
data on any active channel, but to my knowledge it has not been
implemented.  The RTP source of media has however been impelemented
in the CHANNEL() structure.  It may be possible to use chan_local to
ascertain media data on the "other" leg of a call, but I have not
experimented with that.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9620

JT