[asterisk-users] Measuring Jitter in Asterisk

Douglas Garstang DGarstang at interainc.com
Fri Aug 3 15:34:24 CDT 2007

that
> can do this too, I think.

I don't think you could do this with SIPP....

>    Also, it may be possible to modify Wireshark's plugin to
periodically
> invoke its jitter analysis function automatically and export the
results
> to some retrievable location.  The most difficult problem would be
> giving it a particular data stream to home in on as a VoIP call;  the
> easiest thing there would be to nail up your own periodic tests from
> a SIP UAC with definable IP endpoint locations and constantly run it
> with that filter.
>
>    Hackjobs aside, this sort of thing is essentially what products
like
> Brix do, as well as check in with SRTP stats.

Ok, maybe I should call them. But, as I said, if all their product does
is measure QoS and then give you pretty graphs to eyeball, it isn't much
use.

I need something that can measure jitter, latency etc in real time and
then stick the results somewhere, such as in MySQL. I can then choose
ITSP's based not just on route cost, but on a combination of route cost
and historical QoS data.

Doug.