[asterisk-users] Measuring Jitter in Asterisk

Douglas Garstang DGarstang at interainc.com
Fri Aug 3 15:16:23 CDT 2007

Did a little research.

Wireshark can graph jitter measurement. That's cool, but pretty useless.

Now, what would be REALLY cool, was if tshark, the command line tool,
could measure jitter. It looks like it lacks this feature.

If it COULD, you could leave a tshark process running, constantly
measuring jitter in real time. You'd run one for each ITSP you use, and
voila, you have real time jitter metrics on a provider by provider
basis.

But... tshark doesn't' support this. Arrgh!

Doug.