[asterisk-users] Asterisk, ISDN AVM C4 and Terrible noise

Alainn alainn at chara.de
Fri Aug 3 10:27:37 CDT 2007

Hello -

This problem has dogged me for weeks now.

I have installed the latest Asterisk (1.4.9), libpri 1.4.1, zaptel 1.4.4 -
and the TRUNK version of chan-capi.  also the HEAD version -

all compiled well under CentOs 5.0 - and it works with IAX soft phones properly.
 However, when I call from an ISDN phone through chan_capi to asterisk -

I hear no PlayBack
MusiconHold is violent data stream noise
I can hear what is said into the phone in the softphone
but in ISDN I hear noise, or nothing.

dialing in and out - no problem.

I have tried many things - the 1.2 branch of Asterisk and all else, the HEAD
version of chan_capi, stable - all of them.  but still the problem remains.
I have also tried several versions of the C4 firmware - no difference.

This card was working on a PII 2 CPU machine and a much earlier version of
asterisk and chan-capi.

any ideas?

My new machine is a Dual core Pentium 4300 w/ 4gb RAM.  Very fast, stable, but
it can not go into production until this is fixed!

thank you -

Álainn

"The cheese-mites asked how the cheese got there,
And warmly debated the matter;
The orthodox said that it came from the air,
And the heretics said from the platter."                       Anon.