[asterisk-users] PRI/T1 data rate...

Forrest W. Christian fwc at mt.net
Thu Aug 2 18:37:56 CDT 2007

Steve Totaro wrote:

>I knew someone would have an explanation that makes sense.   I have
>NEVER done anything but PRI from the Telco.  Wouldn't the question of
>signaling and switchtype negate the need to ask for data rate?

Yes.  But these are probably telco ordering droids, meaning that all
they know is that they have to fill in the blanks.

I recently ordered a LD PRI from a carrier.  I wanted PRI, switchtype
either 5ESS or preferrably National.  The order got kicked because I
didn't specify whether or not I wanted E&M and which type of e&m
(immediate, wink, etc) I wanted.  I seem to recall a couple of other
totally non-relevant questions that I had to specify as well...   Or,
more specifically, convince the droid which was checking the order for
completeness that they weren't needed.

-forrest