[asterisk-users] dtmf get data

Shivaram U shivaram.u at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 13:21:16 CDT 2007

Greetings,

We have a handlewelcome.agi script which handles every new caller. For
every new call we play a welcome message and ask the caller to enter a
four digit code .. something on the lines "Welcome... please enter the
four digit number .... "
Our asterisk java agi script calls a function getData() with
parameters such as the gsm file to play the message and the number of
dtmf characters to receive. (the getData() call maps to the asterisk
cmd get data)
We have noticed that if a user keyed in the four digit code while the
message is being played. the dtmf char received is only one. i.e if i
key in 1007 before the message is fully played we get only 1 char. but
if i wait for the whole message to complete then there is no problem
we receive the complete code 1007 . But i remember that before we
could enter and receive the dtmf digits correctly even if the message
was playing.

Best Regards,
Shivram