[asterisk-users] Receiving SIP calls without registeration and dynamic IP address

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Aug 2 10:42:09 CDT 2007

Bilal,

The purpose of registration is to establish a contactability/reachability
URI information in the registrar dynamically.   If you have a static IP on
both ends you can nail up an IP-trusted peer session / SIP trunk.   If
not, some form of registration will be required.

Registration does not necessarily require a username and password;  in
fact, it is rarely sent with the registration anyway.  Instead it is
usually sent as a response to a 407 proxy challenge in subsequent
requests, unless the REGISTER message is interrogated with that prior to
being accepted, which depends on how you have the UAS configured.

Other than that, not quite sure what you're asking precisely...

-- Alex