[asterisk-users] Blip every 30 seconds?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Thu Aug 2 09:00:14 CDT 2007

On Thu, 2 Aug 2007, Joe acquisto wrote:

> Telephone "conversations" that are being recorded, are supposed to
> "beep" periodically, to alert/remind the recorded person that the
> conversation is being recorded.

You really ought to qualify this with the country and the relevant laws
that you think require it ...

In the UK there is no such law/rule/supposition. You don't even have to
tell the other party the call is being recorded - just one person in the
conversation needs to know. (although "your calls may be recorded for
training purposes" ... whatever they are!)

So if you call me, then your call may be recorded. Or it may not be.
You'll never know ...

Gordon