[asterisk-users] OT - How to switch headphones between softphones on Linux ?

Olivier oza-4h07 at myamail.com
Thu Aug 2 04:38:26 CDT 2007

Hello,

A little Off-Topic but how can you easily switch microphone and headphone
from one softphone to another on a Linux KDE platform ?

I use Skype (for incoming calls mainly) and Twinkle (for outgoing and
incoming calls).
I could't find any practical way to quickly switch audio from one
application to another.

Ideally, I would like to "register" some kind of virtual audio resources to
each application and then use another software to quickly switch each
virtual audio ressource to real audio resources whenether a call comes in.

Today, I have to use Twinkle's Audio tab in Edit/Systems settings, for
instance, and that takes me too much time.

Any suggestion ?

Cheers