[asterisk-users] Hardware that can ring my phone?

Luki lugosoft at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 22:44:04 CDT 2007

> You can use a Linksys SPA-3102 for both FXO (POTS) and FXS (phone)
> connection instead of a Digium card. The price is around $90-100.
>
> Almost any old PC will do if it can run Linux. There are also other
> alternatives to a PC such as the Linksys WRT54GL.

The OpenWRT (on whatever supported "router" hardware) + SPA-3102 is a
pretty decent combo. You can reinvite the traffic between the FXO and
FXS (g711 only) and get good quality without even taxing the router.
FYI, a WRT54G had no problem running asterisk 1.2.x with 4 concurrent
channels (g711, no transcoding, just RTP proxying).

I'd look into something like that. And you can "expand" it fairly
easily by adding another SPA for a second line.

Luki