[asterisk-users] Problem with the dial command

Anthony Cennami acennami at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 16:55:31 CDT 2007

qualify=yes in the sip.conf context for that device will change the device
to unreachable and should send you directly to voicemail.  There could still
be a brief period where the device is timed out and the system hasn't
qualified it yet, but outside of that, it will just continue trying to send
to the device.

On 8/1/07, Mike <list at virtutel.ca> wrote:

> Thanks Jared. It answers most of my question.  Now, when the device
> doesn't
> register, the behavior is as expected.  But eventually, any device that
> registers successfully might be unplugged, leaving Asterisk to wonder
> where
> the device has gone.
>
> So, what's the best approach to this?  Should I put a timeout=x minutes
> for
> that SIP registration, and force the Polycom phone to reregister every y
> minutes (y being smaller than x)? How do I do this?
>
> Is this anyway to force Asterisk to consider the peer disconnected if
> Asterisk doesn't get a reply back within a second of trying a Dial
> command?
>
> Is this any other obvious option that escapes me?
>
> Mike

Anthony Cennami