[asterisk-users] dtmf issues over sip and pri

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Wed Aug 1 16:42:41 CDT 2007

I have a pri connection to the phone company.
Sending DTMF out over the pri I hear on my phone when I call it.

However, a second box uses a SIP connection to talk to the first box.
When the second box is trying to do the function sendDTMF(1) over the
SIP connection and then out the PRI I do not hear the DTMF tone at all.

Everything else works over this connection just not the senddtmf function.
In the sip.conf definition on both machines I have dtmf=rfc2833.

What do I not have correct so that senddtmf() will work from the second
box over the sip connection?

THanks,

Jerry